HOW TO SELL YOURSELF
Lesson 1: RESUME WRITING
A resume is your opportunity to show your skills, knowledge and experience to an employer using a precise and factual format. You should outline your education, work experiences, interests and other information which are relevant to the job you are applying for.
On successful completion of this unit students will be expected, at the threshold level, to be able to:
- Identify and demonstrate their own skills, interests and motivations in the context of career decision making
- Understand the nature and purpose of a resume.
- Create, format, and distribute a complete resume that accurately represents your skills, experience, and educational background
Lesson 2: STEP BY STEP TO LINKEDIN
LinkedIn is an online social network like Facebook or Twitter but dedicated to professional networking and communication. A LinkedIn user’s profile page is similar to an online resume. Users can share their contact information, career summary, complete work history, professional skills, formal education details, and more. LinkedIn is primarily used to network with professional connections but has evolved over time into a job search platform
On successful completion of this unit, students will be expected, at the threshold level, to be able to:
- Understand and be able to explain the purpose of LinkedIn.
- Be able to create an account and fill out their profile information.
- Access information in all the basic tabs: Home, Profile, Contacts, Groups, Jobs, Inbox.
- Access and independently set LinkedIn Settings.
- Conduct a job search on LinkedIn
List of Documents
- Lesson 1 educational materials – Resume (CV)
- Lesson 1 worksheet 1 – Identify your skills
- Lesson 2 educational materials – Linkedin
- Lesson 2 worksheet 1 Linkedin
- Lesson 2 worksheet 2 Linkedin